Carlos Araque, the Co-Founder and CEO of Quaise.
Quaise Energy are on a singular mission to dig deeper holes than we have ever dug before. Carlos is one of the best communicators of the promise, potential and limitations of geothermal energy in the world. Hands down.
Carlos is a physicist at heart. He hails from Colombia and holds both a bachelor’s and master’s degree in mechanical engineering from MIT. Carlos spent 14 years in oil and gas mastering the art of digging holes and extracting the earth’s nutrients before he launched, 4 years ago, the magnificent company we profile in this podcast, Quaise Energy.
In This Podcast With Carlos Araque, You Can Expect To Hear About…
- A first-principles response comparing the per-unit cost of energy across all different sources.
- How transformational could a Quaise breakthrough be to the world?
- The bearish case for geothermal.
- + Elon Musk.
Jump In On My Newsletter 📋 🔑 - https://atlasgeographica.com/subscribe
📷 Instagram & Twitter 🐦
- 00:00 – Introduction.
- 04:03 – Vaclav Smil Energy & Civilisation.
- 10:38 – Where Does The Earth’s Heat Come From?
- 14:09 – Understanding Different Energy Cost Per Unit.
- 25:52 – Quaise Business Model & The Engineering Problem They Are Solving.
- 35:43 – Legacy, JD Rokeffler & Potential For Geothermal Changing The World.
- 48:13 – The Total Addressable Market For Quaise.
- 55:19 – How Much Progress Has Quaise Made & What Makes Them So Innovative?
- 1:04:53 – How Geothermal Ubiquitousness Would Change Geopolitics.
- 1:10:00 – Daniel Yergin & The Bearish Case For Geothermal.
- 1:16:43 – What Is A Country You Are Bullish On?
- 1:19:19 – Conversation Between Any Two People Of History.
- 1:24:18 – Afterthoughts & Ambition For The Podcast.
Related Episodes Of The Curious Worldview Podcast
Links To Carlos Araque