The following is a conversation with John Perkins, the author behind Confessions Of An Economic Hitman.
As the former chief economist of the consultancy firm, Chas. T. Maine, John had an incredible career flying into and then out of a myriad of developing countries facilitating huge debt trap projects in the likes of Indonesia, Panama, Colombia, Ecuador, and more.
Therefore, in the vein of kleptocracy, capital flight and corrupt institutions, this podcast is a slice of the worldview of the author of Confessions Of An Economic Hitman, John Perkins.
Newsletter 📋 🔑 - https://atlasgeographica.com/subscribe
📷 Instagram & Twitter 🐦
Time Stamps With John Perkins
- 00:00 – Introduction.
- 01:58 – What Is An Economic Hitman?
- 09:56 – The Economic Hitman In Indonesia.
- 13:50 – The Role Of The CIA Jackals.
- 22:52 – The Economic Hitman In Saudi Arabia.
- 30:56 – What Is Debt Trap Diplomacy (Sri Lanka, Brazil, Ecuador & Rafael Correa)
- 44:18 – Financial Secrecy & Offshore Finance.
- 49:48 – Looking Back On Everything.
- 55:31 – How Do You Explain The Commercial Success Of Confessions Of An Economic Hitman?
- 1:00:13 – Who Are Todays Economic Hitmen?
- 1:05:23 – My Message To John.
- 1:06:52 – A Moment In Your Life You Can’t Believe You Were A Part Of.
Links To John Perkins