120: Ha-Joon Chang | South Korea's Greatest Economist
January 16, 2023
Ha-Joon Chang is a developmental economist who has been named among the worlds top 20 thinkers.
He has served as a consultant to the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank, the European Investment Bank, Oxfam and the United Nations. Ha-Joon Chang is the author of many books, the most notable of which are
- 23 Things They Don’t Tell You About Capitalism.
- Kicking Away The Ladder.
- Bad Samaritans.
- The Economics Users Guide.
- & his highly anticipated new book, Edible Economics.
Episodes Of The Curious Worldview Podcast Mentioned.
- 00:00 – Introduction.
- 01:37 – There Is No Such Thing As A Free Market.
- 14:32 – Which Country Has The Best Economic System?
- 22:35 – Why Does Ha-Joon Chang Love Scandinavia?
- 36:28 – How We Misunderstand Inflation.
- 41:07 – Did The Washing Machine Change The World More Than The Internet?
- 47:05 – Ching Ju Yung (GOAT Korean Entrepreneur) & South Korean Culture.
- 58:43 – Working For Oxfam & World Bank.
- 1:04:33 – Is Foreign Aid Good or Bad?
- 1:10:01 – Country Ha-Joon Chang Is Bullish On.
- 1:11:37 – Conversation Between Any Two People Of History.